Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2445 - 07/08/02 01:19 PM At which point would you use a cd player's analog outputs vs digital?
synthfreek Offline
Gunslinger

How bad-ass of a cd player would you have to have? I'm interested in hearing how the analog output sounds on my player since it has some highly touted DA converters but it's a serious pain to start moving equipment around in my entertainment center. Anyone have an AMC player? Are their DAs better than the one on my 1050?

#2446 - 07/08/02 06:16 PM Re: At which point would you use a cd player's analog outputs vs digital?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I've found that for classical music I prefer the DACs on my Sony CDP-M555ES over the DACs in my 950. And this is with the interconnects that came in the box; I'm planning on adding Outlaw's PCA's soon; probably as soon as I have a reason to order something else from them. I'm curious to see if it will make a difference.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#2447 - 07/08/02 08:24 PM Re: At which point would you use a cd player's analog outputs vs digital?
Cscamp Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
I also have an AMC cd player. AMC's cd players are a steal for it's price. Anyway, What model you got? i have the 24/96 CD8b... Unfortunately, i don't have the 1050...i'm still thinking about it. So this one's not going to be much of a help. Well, all i can say is that you won't really know unless you hook it up. It's also going to depend on what cables you are going to use (I am using a MIT T3, it's good match for my AMC). I have the same problem you have everytime i upgrade, clean, and add cables and interconnects. It may be a pain, but that's the only way your going to find out...unless someones else has the same set-up.

#2448 - 07/08/02 08:50 PM Re: At which point would you use a cd player's analog outputs vs digital?
Cscamp Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
One more thing, you are probably the first AMC cd player owner i heard that is not using its analog outputs ...for real...it's that or we just have components with crappy DAC's hehe! i can only speak for myself. Hey! try it out, what have you got to lose...besides time. I have mine directly connected to my Integrated Amp. I have never tried using my as my CD8b as a transport coz i'm pretty sure that my receivers DAC is not better than my cd player.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 217 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM