My understanding is that DVI will likely win out no matter how good a set of component cables you make. Given the option, I'd probably go DVI for any length. Whatever you use, I definitely recommend a bit of cable management -- particularly separating power cables from speaker cables from interconnects and video cables.

Quote:
You will get less noise with a BNC connection as opposed to a RCA connection because the BNC connection is a much more secure connection. That's why BNC is used in professional installations.

That's also been my understanding. RCA's very mainstream, but BNC offers a very reliable mechanical lock/tension to the connection (sort of like using spades or bare wire with bindings posts versus the little spring clip speaker connectors).

DVI does include copy protection, if it is HDCP compliant DVI interface (which the 5900's DVI output is supposed to be). HDCP DVI appears to be becoming something of a standard from what little I've seen lately. HDMI is similar to DVI, but doesn't seem to have been very widely adopted at this point compared to DVI.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review