I just picked up the following setup last week:

Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver
Yamaha DVD-C950 5 CD Changer w/ DVD-A and SACD
Definitive Technology 7002's
Definitive Technology CLR 2000 Center
Defintiive Technology BPX2 Surrounds

I have been reading on DVD/A and SACD and someone from another forum recommended I look at this product to help with some of my bass problems.

Everything looks good and before I make the plunge I'm just wondering how does it work with the 7002's.

The 7002's each have a built in 300 watt 12" sub. With stereo it does its own cross over internally and in 5.1 it sends via the LFE which I also have hooked up.

My assumption is I hooked up the ICBM and can redirect most of the bass from the rears/center into the sub channel. The Yamaha then sends that out via the LFE to the fronts correct?

I have a ton of options for speaker management except when I'm using the multichannel, just a volume selection thats it.

Since the 7002's do so well in bass, the active sub plus 2 12" passive woofers I do find alot of things get lost in them, especially for regular CD's played back in multichannel.

If I could lean everything out a bit the sound would be much much better.

I'm itching to order just so long as it will do what I think it will do. My worry is that the 12" passive subs will become useless if I strip too much out.

Thanks,

Eric