Jason J-

I don’t feel you are rude at all. I'm a highway bridge design engineer and in this industry one gets used to having nearly everything one does questioned up to the time the job is let and then the contractor takes over the criticism. But I have 160-180 of them out there and none have failed yet. A few have been replaced due to age and neglect.

I probably don’t have everything set up correctly. While I’ve been doing this, audio, since the early 1960’s (wow, typed 1690’s first, feel like it sometimes) and do believe this system is the best so far, I am sure the setup can be improved.

In any event your request gives me reason to review all the settings.

Outlaw 950 - 755
5.1 input bass management control is off (down)
speakers size XO
Fr large 40 hz
C small 100 hz
Sur small 120 hz
Sub off

Sony DVP-NS999ES for both DVD and SACD
Size level
Fr large L&R 0 dB
C small 0
Sur small -1.5
Sub none

Speakers: Magnepan 1.6 MMG C center 1.6
Surround 2 Dynaco 25’s circa 1973

Other
Rega 3 with Bluepoint cartridge and Sound Values tubed pre-amp as the phono stage for about 3000 lp’s – classical-opera-jazz

Sony 54” RPTV NBC HD off air, local ABC and CBS are digital, too, but are too cheap to broadcast HD, Directv HD. Why does Sony make the top edge just 3” deep? I had a devil of a time devising a way for the MMG C to sit on top and its tripod feet are just about 4” deep.

My reference to thin is a relative value, relative, I’d say, to what I was expecting from SACD.