Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2256 - 06/01/02 12:26 PM Anyone consider trading in seperates for the 1050?
Arrow Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Upper Marlboro, MD. USA
For the past 9 years, I've been using a Denon AVC 3030 intergrated amp coupled with a Marantz DP870 w/DTS upgrade processor and power amps for Hometheater and music. Lately, I've been toying around with the idea of simplifying things a bit selling the Denon intergrad. amp, tuner, DD processor, and Acurus power amp and go AV receiver.I've read a lot of positive stories about the 1050 here as well as Audioreview.com and several other websites.9 years ago, the difference in seperates and receiver performance was pretty wide. Now it seems the gap has closed dramatically. The 1050 seems to fit my likings options wise. I'm mainly interested in DD/DTS 5.1 for DVD movies and straight stereo for music listening (maybe future DVD-A). So what do you guys (and gals) think?

#2257 - 06/01/02 01:17 PM Re: Anyone consider trading in seperates for the 1050?
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Good Morning,
Losing your outboard amps would be a step backwards (if they're in good shape). Use the 1050 as a preamp for your amps, and for the channels that you don't have amplification for. If you can afford it, bypass receivers altogether and get a high-quality pre/processor using outboard amps. The 950 comes to mind. There are many reasons for utilizing separates. I'm sure that you've heard most of them. If not, and you're curious, write asking more questions.
Mix
P.S. You didn't mention your speakers. Spend most of yur money there!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 211 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward, jamescuz
8713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,713 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM