Hi,

I just bought a 950/7100/icbm and am setting everything up. I was a bit confused about running 7-channel through the icbm (when connected between the 950 and the 7100), so I called tech supp, and spoke to Steve who was very helpul. Turns out I can't run Stereo7 in this fashion, which is too bad, because this is a mode I'd like to use. Ok, so I've been thinking about this, and here's my question:

I don't need bass management on my L/C/R channels (they're DefTech's with built-in subs), so I thought I could connect these channels directly from the 950 to the 7100, and run the LS and RS through the L/R inputs/outputs on the icbm, and run the LB and RB through the LS/RS inputs/outpubs on the icbm. One problem I see with this approach is that there is a potential for a delay to be added to the surrounds and backs, but I think this can be calibrated out. The question is (finally, sorry for rambling): Is this a reasonable approach for applying bass management to ONLY the surrounds and rears using the icbm? Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help!!

------------------
Bill Blackwell