Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#224 - 08/23/01 05:35 PM Help with Remote and DSS
Bubba Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Manassas, VA, USA
I got my 1050 yesterday and love it. Almost broke my back getting it in the house. I have most of my other devices working fine but, my RCA DSS receiver is giving me problems. I have tried all three codes listed and it looks like the first one is closest (the others didn't even control power). The annoying part is this; I can't get the left, right, up, and down buttons to all work. The right and up button work fine. So when I am in the guide, I can scroll up or right, but not down. I then tried to use some advanced code and got the opposite (left and down worked, but not right and up). I then figured that I would just program the individual buttons that wouldn't cooperate. Nice thought. I followed the steps listed in the manual at hifi.com and can not get the remote to take the individual buttons. It goes through the motions (two flashes, fast blinking, etc.), but nothing when I try to use them. If anyone knows what the problem is i would greatly appreciate it. Sorry for the length, but I wanted to be descriptive.

------------------
Bubba

#225 - 08/24/01 11:20 AM Re: Help with Remote and DSS
Steve_C Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
Some good info on the remotes . . .
From Jah-Wren Ryel

Check these other links that Jah-Wren Ryel
posted on this form. I found the codes for some of my components that were not listed in the 1050 owner's manual. I found them on the Radio Shack web site. It's about the 'similar' remote control. (must be the same mfr)

http://www.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000023.html

Good Luck

Steve

Who's Online
0 registered (), 213 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM