Quote:
Originally posted by 2x6spds:
I figure that if I use the stereo sub-outs from the ICBM-1, I will not have any subwoofer function at all if I use the digital cable box as a source.

Does this sound correct?

Yes it does. If you hook both subs directly to the ICBM (which is "in front of" your receiver), you will only be able to use the subs when you use the DVD player for DVD-Audio -- if you use the digital audio output from the DVD player (which I would expect you to do to get the THX processing in the Onkyo rather than the more limited Dolby Digital processing in the Toshiba) or any other source, you will not have subwoofers.

Quote:
I also figure that if I use an outboard 7 channel amplifier I could put the Outlaw ICBM between the receiver and the outboard amplifier, but this would be a very expensive choice so I could watch TV with stereo subs.

It would also mean that you would need to disable the bass management in the receiver (so that the ICBM can do the job) -- you'd want to set all of your speakers to "large" at the Onkyo. Aside from that, there shouldn't be a problem with putting the ICBM between the receiver and an outboard amp. It should all be covered in the manual -- it gives a good guide to how to hook the ICBM up in different configurations (including between a receiver and an outboard amp).

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review