I got an e-mail from Outlaws. I'm happy that I won't be packing up the 755.

Per the e-mail, my issues are fairly common given the amp's task of charging the large power supplies and capacitors when it is turned on. The "pop" which they more accurately describe as a "thump" won't hurt and is also fairly common with medium to sensitive speakers.

My wife has "mellowed" once she read that there was no unusual problem and that the house isn't "at risk of blowing up". But the main reason she is happy is that I calibrated the speakers this morning and we listened to some music and sampled some action scenes from a Star Wars movie I had archived on the HD Tivo. With the music, the 755 provided added detail on the mids and highs and superb tiht base on my power hungry large Infinity Kappas. The Kappas go as low as my sub and with the 755 are tighter and "less obnoxious" per my wife. So, I removed the sub from the 950 and everything blends much better on heavy action scenes. Plus, for some reason it seems that we don't need the dialogue as loud as before because the detail is better; therefore the "bomb explosions" are effectively balanced but don't have to be as loud. Bottom line: The wife is happy, therefore I'm happy and won't take as much "flack" if I want to watch an action movie.

So, my initial impressions of the 755 are now positive!