As far as having a cheaper receiver, ya, I would agree. But you should have seen the one I had before this one - now that was CHEAP.

I say that, however, and I can honestly say that I like my Yamaha and don't have a problem with it at all (hence me asking why do I need to get an amp)- to me, my yammer hammer sounds great.

Also, I still have a problem understanding what you guys mean by "opening up." I never did get an indication of what "opening up" meant at Incog's house, regardless of volume. Maybe I didn't listen hard enough...

One of these days, Incog, you can come over and bask in the glory that is known as a "pair of Studio 100s" hooked up to your amp. smile My best guess is that it probably wont occur until right before bonuses come out and before I take the plunge on a new piece of home theater equipment! That being said, however, you'll have to bring beer (not that cheap stuff you drink) and pick up some burgers too! - Oh, and bring some cables, preferably the outlaw cables... smile