2X on Eric Alexander; his sound harks back to the golden age of jazz saxophone, especially when he uses the Memphis-bred pianist Harold Mabern.

The Reservoir people definitely go out of their way to get the sound right, but if I was looking for great fidelity coupled with really focused music I'd go for those "Rudy Van Gelder Remasters" discs. The RVGs are a marketing gimmick, to be sure (Van Gelder got things right the first time), but I've got no beef with folks finding new ways to drum up interest in, say, Coleman Hawkins (try At Ease With… or The Hawk Relaxes) or Gene Ammons (Boss Tenor).

Several of Duke Ellington's late-career records are awesome: maybe try Such Sweet Thunder, The Far-East Suite or …And His Mother Called Him Bill.

If you're looking for "voice" records with classical masses and choirs, I'd say check into Arvo Pärt and Hildegard Von Bingen. You're not gonna find any substandard records: recently I rediscovered my old vinyl copy of Pärt's Arbos on ECM. It's more sparse, and sounds fantastic. Also, the mezzo-soprano Lorraine Hunt Lieberson's interpretation of Bach's cantatas are pretty impressive.

Hope something here piques your curiosity.