Quote:
Videodrome. Really interesting selection there, but what jumped out at me was the Brazilian movie Pixote. Harrowing and intense. Makes me think that you might want to check out City Of God, a more recent thing that also deals with kids/gangs in Rio. If I remember correctly, it's also sonically interesting.
Pixote is defintely a gritty and disturbing movie. In a classic example of life imitating art, I understand the kid who played Pixote was murdered.

I will look for City of God. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
I would like to add Donnie Darko (Special Edition Director's cut) to that category. I love the 80's rock soundtrack too. I like when the kids jump out of the back of the school bus in slow motion while Tears for Fears' "Everybody wants to rule the world" is playing. The bunny's voice coming from all speakers saying "wake up Donnie" is eerie and haunting.
I love that movie. And that scene resonated with me as well, I kept playing it over and over. I think, in part, because the Tears for Fears song brought back a lot of memories from my college years.
Squeezebox -> Behringer SRC2496 -> Musiland MD10 DAC
Sota Sapphire; Marantz 10B;
Video: Hitachi 42HDS52A; Oppo 971H
System Pics