Quote:
Originally posted by bestbang4thebuck:
IMHO, most theaters are not in excellent audio condition. It's a business, not an audiophile's dream. All they need to do is get paying customers to come through the door and all they have to do to do that is not disappoint the average Joe/Jane. While I have not seen the third Rings DVD yet, almost without exception I think my HT with DVD has outperformed any regular theater I have been to in years.

I envy you buck.
Most HT owners I know do not have equipments that can be considered audiophile grade. Some have decent components but the speaker placement and room treatments are not done properly if at all.

So, I’m going to take a wild guess and say most people would answer the way curegerog did to my question on theater versus home theater sound. It could be geographical. It may just be that theaters in and around Chicago have decent set up.

Lasher, I’m just wondering why you wanted to start a new thread instead of adding to the existing one http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000131.html . Just nitpicking…