Well I never thought I would be turning this thread into a piano one VS a DVD question, so I will keep it short. Young Chang pianos started about 40 years ago in South Korea. Since then they have manufacturing plants in other countries including the US. My local Steinway dealer is the one who told me how Steinway uses Young Chang to produce their entry level pianos and this was confirmed by my piano tuner. However, I have not officially heard this directly from Steinway. Although I like the sound of a Steinway, but cannot afford one, we have friends that really don't care for their unique tone. I, for one, like this "sound" and have many Steinway recordings. One of my favorite Steinway pianist is Robin Spielberg. This brings me back to my original point, why do most CD recordings not capture the acoustic sounds of this piano that DVDs do? JMS, since you own a Steinway you probably have noticed that many CD recordings of Steinways sound good but not great. Could this be an engineering issue, recording equipment issue, equipment placement issue, recording studio's acoustic issue, CD medium issue,...? Listen to Diana Krall's "Live in Paris" CD and then compare it to the DVD version. No comparison! The DVD definately has capture the essence of the Steinway in a way that was lost on the CD. I think Soundhound may be right in his theory. Maybe I will have to finally invest in a DVD-Audio/SACD player, I'm just afraid that the software may be gimmicky. I really don't care to hear instruments coming out of any speaker just for the sake of being able to do it. Remember stereo recordings in which the vocals were in one speaker and the music was in the other? Oh yes, this was very natural, and it didn't last long, thank God. I would like to make this leap if some of you have heard wonderful acoustic instrument recordings in DVD-audio or SACD. Please let me know.