Hey, I'm a gunslinger now! Cool!

#20641 - 09/05/02 01:53 PM Re: DVD-A Demos
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Congrats DollarBill!!!

Quote:
If you can, try playing it on another DVD player

Very good idea, then I’d know if this behavior is specific to the Panny 91. I have a 3 disc Pioneer changer (non-DVD-A) I moved it out to make room for the 2nd 950. When I get it back in the rack I’ll check that.
Right now I owe WillScary a job first, if I can locate the cables I need. I’ve had a ‘guest’ every night, or someone involved in a movie who would not appreciate my playing with the video interconnects!

#20642 - 09/06/02 04:26 AM Re: DVD-A Demos
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:
Jason, no it’s single sided.

SLL,

Sory, I realize that in my last post I may have come across as a bit of an @$$, for which I want to sincerly apologise. I have no idea how dvd savy you are. Something that simple can realy throw some people off kilter, and if I have offended, I offer my sincerest apologies.

Hope you enjoy the DVD-A experiance. If you wre a big Emmerson Lake and Palmer fan, check out the DVD-A version of Brain Salad Surgery. From what I hear it's phenominal if you like the group.

I'm still picking up one or two DVD-A's a month (and far too many dvd's period), I'll let you know when some realy good stuff lands in my lap.

Jason

#20643 - 09/06/02 01:38 PM Re: DVD-A Demos
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Jason,

NO, you did NOT come across that way at all! When I start moving up my learning curve many times it’s the ‘simple’ obvious step I can still stump my toe on. Plus it could be an area I have not thought about or been exposed to, /run into yet. You never know, what ‘gaps’ the other person has.

You should have seen me a long time ago the first time I rented a dual-sided video DVD from Blockbusters, stuck the movie in and got, Special Effects, Directors interview, with a Menu notation to “Insert Disc Two to Play Movie”. But we only had one disc in the jewel? My husband and I were both thinking, what! Blockbuster put the wrong disc in the rental of a 2 disc set……we finally got around to flipping it over.

Very recently I posted because I could not get any sound out of my 5.1 Channel Inputs, I had gone back and forth through the 950 menus and setups countless times. Matthew (I think) finally posted press ‘6 channel Direct’ on your remote! I can be as bad as my husband about pulling out manuals some days…(don’t need no stinking directions). I spent 30 min. digging in on screen menus and never thought to check the face of the remote!

I thank everyone for bothering to take the time to post when I ask for info, there is no way for you to figure out, what I do or do not know, unless I list in great detail what I’ve already attempted!

I appreciate all ideas and help. Always!

#20644 - 09/07/02 05:36 PM Re: DVD-A Demos
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Well not that SLL has her problem all squared away...

I picked up Pat Metheny Group DVD-A Imaginary Day. This has a realy great surround mix, and is a very lively album. If you're not into the "new age-jazz" that metheny does, this may not be a sure bet, but it is a realy well done DVD-A with a great sound, and a very lively presence to the mix.

Jason

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM