Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20358 - 02/05/08 09:30 PM Re: Combo Blu ray /HD player
Primaz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Northern CA
It appears that everything is heading blu ray? I heard that most feel when May/June when the last two major studios contracts expire with HDD that if they adopt blu ray the wars would be over? so I guess I'll wait?

Since blu ray is a Sony creation do you think the Sony players will be the best ones to get? I've read many people saying that right now the play station is actually one of the best players? whats your thoughts?

#20359 - 02/06/08 04:52 AM Re: Combo Blu ray /HD player
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Sony did not create Blu-ray by themselves. The PS3 is probably the most robust player available and is one of the best choices available for a Blu-ray player, but I wouldn't recommend any of Sony's standalone Blu-ray players. Samsung has some decent offerings, but there have been a higher level of performance and support issues with them. Panasonic and Pioneer seem to be doing a little better than the rest for standalone players - I've had good results with my Panasonic BD30. It still wouldn't hurt to wait a few more months to see what profile 2.0 players start to emerge (and to weed out the remaining profile 1.0 players).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM