Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2019 - 05/04/02 09:52 PM help ... before I call tech support ...
its an addams Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: manassas, va
Two things...
Why come the center rear never shows that it is connected? And why is the bass so doggone absent?
All of the speakers are set to small, including the center. Don't use surrounds, but they are all balanced as much as possible. Thanks.

#2020 - 05/05/02 11:18 AM Re: help ... before I call tech support ...
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'll take a stab at it, but I may need some more info...

The center rear speaker icon will only light up when there is a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack and you turn on 6.1 Surround. The 1050 will remember the setting -- I always left my 1050 set up to use 6.1 Surround any time there was a Dolby 5.1 input active.

As for the bass, I've got a silly question -- what's happening with your sub? I ask because with all the speakers set to small, all the information below the crossover will go to the subwoofer. If you are like me and haven't actually gotten around to getting a sub yet, you'll need to set the mains to "large" to get any of that information back. If you have a sub, I'd look at the sub level, make sure the sub is on (both the unit itself and "on" in the 1050), and none of your connections are loose. Does any of that help?

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#2021 - 05/05/02 11:32 AM Re: help ... before I call tech support ...
its an addams Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hey Gonk --
Yes it helps. I didn't turn on 6.1 Surround, because I don't have surround speakers. I have a duplicate pair of the fronts, wired into the rear surround locations.
As for the bass, there is an 8" sub with variable freqency from 50Hz tp 200. It is set on 200, since I can't by pass it. The volume has been pushed up to max, even though it had always (with the old recvr)had the volume set to the mid position.
Before I replied to your email, I checked all of the settings again. Sub is on, all connections are tight; all speakers are small; crossover is set to 80 Hz.
Thanks again.

P.S. How come I'm only a deputy gunslinger? Just curious, becuause I thought deputys were non-owners.

#2022 - 05/05/02 01:49 PM Re: help ... before I call tech support ...
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
You'll become a gunslinger after your fifteenth post. It has nothing to do with ownership.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#2023 - 05/05/02 01:51 PM Re: help ... before I call tech support ...
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Two questions: (1) Is there ANY output coming from the sub, or none at all? (2) Is the sub set to "ON" in the speaker settings section? If so, the sub icon on the front panel will light up. If it's not lit, then you'll need to go in and set it to "ON".

#2024 - 05/05/02 02:56 PM Re: help ... before I call tech support ...
its an addams Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

The sub is on in the speaker config screen, but I don't see an icon (unless its the lfe one). The test provides sound and I hear sounds coming out of the sub when I'm standing next to it.
However, there seems to be a noticeable lack of floor-pounding bass during movie soundtracks and music cd moments. bummer.

#2025 - 05/07/02 04:58 AM Re: help ... before I call tech support ...
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Can you get your hands on a set up cd like Video Essentials or something similar? It'll provide you with a sub test signal that would really help you troubleshoot. BTW, the 1050's internal test signal strength for the sub is VERY low compared to the rest of the test signals. If you calibrate to that you'll blow your walls down when you play normal material.

Just an idiot check (no offense to idiots, just a holdover from the Navy that means check the obvious), but is the sub connected via the 1050's LFE output? If not, and you're using speaker level inputs, you need to set the mains (assuming that it's paired with them) to large.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 223 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM