1. That's not a bad idea. Model 1070/970 users would need a good bit of slack at one end because the left and right channels of the 7.1 input are also the DVD input's stereo input (putting them a couple inches farther down the rear panel from the rest of the input channels). Maybe they could offer a separate sleeve that could be slipped over the cables and adjusted to best fit the particular installation. It could also be used for component video bundles.

2. Also a good thought for those 7500 users (or for 7125 users who are only using five of the channels).

3. I've got four of the 1.8-meter PDO's hooked up to my 990, although one is currently not being used. They can be a bit long, but they are very flexible and haven't gotten in my way so far. Of course, if there was a 1.0-meter option I've got two components that could make good use of it (the other two PDO's would need to stay 1.8-meter in my case). As inexpensive as the current PDO is, I can't imagine they could charge much less for a 1.0-meter option (maybe a few bucks), which I've assumed is why they've never had one.