Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#19835 - 09/09/05 10:35 PM MORE Top Secret Projects
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
At this time all we will say is that these two new products will underscore our reputation for providing the very best values in high performance home theater more than anything Outlaw has ever done. They are designed by and for us and will not be available from any other company. Stay tuned!
Since it's almost certainly not an amp this refers to, I was betting on a top-end receiver based on the 990 chassis, but the last sentence put a stop to that. And how you interpret it depends on which phrase is key: "very best values" or "high performance home theater."

I'm thinking a media server for high performance, or speaker cables for value. Any takers?

#19836 - 09/09/05 11:26 PM Re: MORE Top Secret Projects
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
i wanna see a speaker!
well,maybe not.as i want to go there myself cool

#19837 - 09/10/05 10:55 AM Re: MORE Top Secret Projects
Mike in Virginia Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lansdowne, Virginia
Well, what I've been thinking about for a while is a kind of very-high-quality multi-tuner. A single box that picks up external signals, from over-the-air TV (SD & HD), all terrestrial radio (AM, FM, digital), both satellite radio systems, and also a universal set-top box, with all the features that have been missing, including decoding the DD 5.1 directly into 5 analog channels, and agreements with the cable and satellite companies to handle their various encryption schemes.

I suspect wink there are a few requirements and design issues with such a box, but I'd love to have one.
Outlaw LCR center
Oppo OPDV971H DVD
LiteOn 5005 DVD recorder
SA 8300HD/DVR STB
Dual 1219 phono
Ion Tape2PC USB
Harmony 620
Samsung HLR5078W

#19838 - 09/10/05 11:20 AM Re: MORE Top Secret Projects
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
It would be interesting if one could utilize the USB port in conjunction with a PC application to do "room correction"...allowing a bit more freedom with speaker placement.

TACT seems to have done a great job in this respect, but the equipment is substantially more expensive than Outlaw gear and setup can be a pain. The end result is that you can more or less put your speakers almost anywhere in the room and let the processor's DSP "figure things out" so you wind up with wonderful things happening in your listening position. The sound is top notch, but costs a pretty penny.

Cheers,

Who's Online
0 registered (), 347 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM