I have now tried several configurations of the Bose AM10 speakers and after not being too happy with the results from the surrounds, I've decided to get what I can for it and get a system a friend from work has suggested, the Acoustic Research HC6
(I believe BenjaminRigby is correct about Bose and its marketing to those who want "hidden" speakers. Too bad that means acoustics are sacrificed for appearance,IMHO).
There are only two reviews on Audioreview.com, but one of them is by Flashman who has a 1050, so I think that may be good enough for me.
My friend from work has a mad home theatre (Transducers that the army uses for tank simulations and a pc to play dvds), and in another room, an insane stereo set-up that browns-out the neighborhood (600-pound turntable stand with 50-pound platter riding on a cushion of air and seven foot speakers with 2-inch thick cables laid on ceramic insulators to avoid signal loss to the carpeted concrete floor. I feel like I'm in the Deathstar weapons station).
He says he has seen reviews in his ultra-high-end magazines that heap praise on the HC6.
I've got three questions for any one who would care to respond;
1) How much would I be likely to get for my Bose AM10 speaker system? It has never been used to it's fullest extent and like the good little audio-nut I am I have everything that came with it, including the rubber feet for the speakers(never put them on). I bought it about two years ago.

2) Does anyone else have any thoughts on the AR HC6?

3) I went to the SVS website and fell in love with the powered 25-31pci. Any ideas with marrying this sub with the AR HC6? (Dual subs may a bit much, especially with the wife, but I should be able to sell the AR sub. I should stay with a $1000 budget if I want to live.)

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. For this novice, all the info I can get is much appreciated.