Sold my 6 mo. old AM-10 II's a few years back, I got lucky, lost 400.oo on the AM-10's and got a set of Boston Acoustic VR-970's for 600.oo saved 1000.oo, guess I came out 500.oo ahead and have much better sound.
I was using a SONY DD receiver initially then switched to a NAK AV-10, I wanted to add DTS. The NAK certainly made the AM-10's sound much better than the SONY ever did. (very clean and detailed, much better low end from the AM-10's) To bad the NAK was damaged in shipping, Might still be using it now. Only played in stereo the surround never worked at all, only paid about 1/2 price when I bought it. (could only get a refund) Same power rating 100w x5 but the NAK always got high marks for it's "true" power ratings. It gave me the impression that he AM-10's need some serious power to drive them decently. Can not give any input on the 1050's ability to drive the AM-10's. I would probably connect an external powered sub of some type to the LFE output of the 1050 (or any brand DD-DTS receiver) in addition to using the AM-10's. You might try using the front ch pr-outs on the 1050 (FR speakers set to large) and run them through an external amp (even your old receiver) if the 1050 does not drive the AM-10's as well as you like.