Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1955 - 04/29/02 05:25 PM Finally took the leap!
JDeSimone Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St Petersburg, FL USA
Finally ordered a 1050 today. I am as giddy as a virgin in a biker bar. This being my first AV reciever I am sure I will be bugging you all here with lots of questions.

Which brings me to...

My Mains are some older Infinity SM-152's with 15" Woofs. I have a Klipsch KLF7 coming in as well as a pair of Bic Venturi 62si' for surrounds. I hope to be getting a powered sub tomarrow (Polk PSW650) When setting up my system should I designate the SM 152's as large?

Thanks in advance

Joe D.

#1956 - 04/29/02 05:34 PM Re: Finally took the leap!
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Setting your fronts as large depends primarily on their FR response. If they can go lower than 30 Hz, you'll probably be okay setting them as large. If not, I'd almost certainly cross them over.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#1957 - 04/29/02 10:14 PM Re: Finally took the leap!
Miller Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Ashland, OR, USA
Right on, congrats! I am ordering mine in about 2 weeks. I also got the Bic62's and the center to go with them. I am sending my crossovers out of the Bics though to a guy call Ed Frias, in Southern Cal to get the crossovers upgraded.

I am so jealous... I want to drool on my 1050 now!

#1958 - 04/30/02 10:41 PM Re: Finally took the leap!
JDeSimone Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St Petersburg, FL USA
Well it took less than 24 hours from the time I ordered to get my 1050 to me from S. California to St Petersburg Florida.
Impressive!

I am way short on cables and all my speakers aren't here yet, (missing my center channel) so I was only able to hook up my old SM 152's in stereo to give the 1050 a listen.

Wife turned in before I got things hooked up so I didn't dare turn things up to loud but I will say this. This is the FIRST time I have truly heard what the 152's can do. I had them set as large and my jaw literally dropped. Smooth full sound including lows.

Sorry but can't get the grin off my face. I will go down and get more speaker wire and a hand full of optical and digital coax connectors after I get off work. In fact the wife gets up at like 5am so maybe I can get to turn things up a bit before I head off to work in the morning.

Thanks to all of you sharing your pleasure and high reguard for the the Outlaw 1050. It was a hugh help in making this my first HT purchase.

Joe D.

#1959 - 05/01/02 07:52 AM Re: Finally took the leap!
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Joe,

Now that you've heard what the Outlaws can do with a very affordable receiver, you may understanwhy so many of us have such high hopes and expectations of the 950 Pre/Pro.

Welcome to the Outlaw Family!!

------------------
pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair

#1960 - 05/01/02 04:28 PM Re: Finally took the leap!
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
The cables the Outlaws sell are fantastic,too!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 442 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics
98,700 Posts