Hmm-- I probably should have stated that I was thinking more along the lines of a smaller, more affordable horn (6" or so, that would fit in a bookshelf speaker or thin floorstanding tower that a spouse could approve of). Thanks for the horn info, though, guys!

I sort of came upon the idea by looking at my own system and those of my friends.. over the years, I've accumulated a hodgepodge of various speaker brands that now serve as center, fronts, and surrounds, that sounded good enough together for a home theatre until an Outlaw 1050 proved to me that it was time to step up. However, to replace seven speakers at once, without actually stepping down a bit in overall quality, requires a hefty sum. Horns struck me as being able to best "fill" many different sizes and types of room, meaning that this type of speaker would have a greater value to a wider range of folks trying to start up a quality home theatre.

In actuality, I'd be quite happy with *any* speaker ensemble from Outlaw, as long as they kept the same quality-to-cost ratio seen in their other products. There seems to be a pretty big gap between low-end speakers and high-end ones, with not much grey area for those of us with a love of good sound but not much disposable income...