So Outlaw's newsletter tonight announced the impending end of sales of the 1050. At the same time, they announced plans for a replacement to follow and suggested that we toss out ideas for what this new receiver should do and have -- they've apparently already pinned down the feature set pretty well, but it may not be too late to add some things to the mix. They did mention that it would be a wholly new design, not derived from anything existing (like, for instance, the 950). So what all would we like to see? I thought I'd start a thread for suggestions, starting with the obvious....

Processing Modes: Dolby Digital, Dolby EX, DTS, DTS ES, Pro Logic IIx, Stereo 5/7. The 1050 had some DSP modes like Jazz, Stadium, and Natural, but the 950 has proven that these can safely be omitted, and I doubt many of us would miss them if they were left off.

Inputs:
7.1 analog (for those folks out there who want to use direct radiating surround back speakers as surrounds for multichannel music), perhaps with an analog crossover (in which case, the three-position variation used on the Fosgate FAP-T1 might be worth considering).
Component switching with two inputs.
At least two each of coax and optical digital inputs.

Remote: Either the MX-500 in every case or perhaps an option for a basic (SL-8000 or UEI) remote or a more robust remote like the MX-500.

OK, that's a start, and I suspect that a lot of what I've mentioned is already included, but what the heck. I'm off to sleep now. Anybody else want to chime in?

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review