Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1885 - 04/22/02 05:20 PM remote and discrete codes for audio inputs
vicneo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I am not doing video pass through and am basically only using optical digital1 and optical digital 2 at present.

do these digital inputs have discrete codes somewhere so that you can actually programme some macros w an intellegent learning remote or they are always toggle through functions like they are currently on the remote.

some help would be appreciated

thanks in advance.

#1886 - 04/22/02 05:45 PM Re: remote and discrete codes for audio inputs
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
As far as I know, there are not discrete codes for Optical1 and Optical2.

This may be a stupid question (hey, it is Monday, right?), but if you are not using the video switching on the 1050, why not assign the optical inputs to any two inputs (video1 and video2, or CD and aux, or whichever two you want) and switch between those inputs to switch the optical input that you're using. It would give you a discrete command for each input (the command to go to input "video1" would go to optical1 and the command to go to input "video2" would to go optical2, for example). Granted, this concept flops if you have all of the analog inputs in use already, but it's an idea...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#1887 - 04/22/02 05:54 PM Re: remote and discrete codes for audio inputs
vicneo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

how do you dothat

imam not using any video outputs

#1888 - 04/22/02 06:04 PM Re: remote and discrete codes for audio inputs
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
This may or may not be what you are looking for and I may over-explain, but here's what occurred to me.

Since you are not using any of the video switching, what you have is seven inputs to choose from (CD, Tape, Aux, DVD, Video1, Video2, and Video3). The 1050 will remember what digital connection was used last for a specific input (for example, I used "Optical2" for my CD player for a long time -- when I selected the CD input, the 1050 knew to use Optical2 and not the analog inputs). So if you pick any two inputs that you are not using for an analog source, you can assign each input a different digital connection. Let's use Video2 and Video3 as an example (since Video1 has a record output that you may need for audio to a VCR). Switch to Video2 and toggle through to Optical1. Switch to Video3 and toggle through to Optical2. Now any time you switch to Video2 the 1050 will use Optical1, and any time you switch to Video3 the 1050 will use Optical2. Those two have discrete commands (the "video2" and "video3" input buttons on the bottom of the 1050's remote) that can be taught to an intelligent learning remote.

Hope that helps.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM