I went with a Logitech Squeezebox Duet system..well..actually three of them, for my music listening on three audio systems in my house. They work great and I could never go back to playing the CD's.

I ripped all of my CD's, over a thousand, to a lossless format onto my main computer, and they sound every bit as good on a high end audio system as playing a CD direct.

The Duet remote is amazing. It uses your existing wireless computer network or can also use it's own built in wirelsss network, to communicate with your computer and the Duet receiver located with your audio equipment. It has a great color LCD screen and a scroll wheel that allows you to look through all of your music and sort by artist, album title, genre, etc.

The response is instantaneus...you select the music you want and there it is. You do need to download and run a small piece of software from Logitech on the computer you have your music stored on. It runs in the background and does not interfere with using the computer for other things at all.

Once you enjoy the benefits of a music server, you will never go back to using the CD's directly.
Emotiva XPA-1 (2), XPA-5
(2) Threshold S200's
Thiel 3.6 main speakers
(2)Velodyne F1500r subs
Polk RTI28 surrounds
B&W HTM center
OPPO BDP-83 universal player
Samsung HLT6187 led DLP