Another piece of Adcom gear bit the dust. My 14 year old GCD-600 developed a fault and the nearest authorized repair center couldn't fix it, saying Adcom no longer had parts (laser and laser board). I'm disheartened.

I'm looking for a replacement. I really like a changer (purists can go throw up in private, besides which, a CD changer is not analogous to a record changer). Anyway, so long as I have a set of inputs on my 990 specifically for CD use, and because I abhor the disc to disc delay on my DVD changer, I want a changer to replace the Adcom.

Years ago I had a Yamaha that I liked (the only reason I donated it to my son was to get the Adcom which matched the rest of my gear). I'm now looking at a CDC-697BL as a possible replacement. But I'm also considering going a little bit higher and considering a Marantz CC-4001. Surprisingly, I can get either for about the same price.

Anyone have any strong opinions one way or the other? Don't try and talk me out of the changer. The discussion is essentially between the Yamahammer and the Marantz. I'm somewhat price limited due to the recent 990 and Sony Bravia 52" purchases. I'm sure you'll understand.

Thanks.

Outlaw 990
2xAdcom GFA555 Main amps
Adcom GFA2535 Center and rear amp
Mirage BPS150 sub
Amrita Troppo main speakers
Paradigm 110C center speaker
Cheap rear speakers
Sony Bravia KDL52XBR7
Sony DVP-NC80V DVD changer