Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#181 - 07/09/01 10:12 PM DACs blown?
ctaylors_3 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Orangeburg, SC, USA
I have gone through two CD players (pioneer DVL 909 and 919) and both of them skipped when playing the digital input from the player to the 1050. Which, means, I think it's the 1050. Anybody else have this problem with the DACs cutting out?

P.S. This only happens with CDs.

#182 - 07/10/01 08:58 AM Re: DACs blown?
waynedunham Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Burlington, CT, USA
Nice looking machines. I went to the Pioneer site to take a peek at them.

You did go into the setup menu on the players and make sure the audio output was set to the proper format?

I don't know if this is what's biting you, it doesn't sound like it but.....

When setting up my 1050 with my DVD player we found that if you go from a DTS DVD to an audio CD using the digital inputs (Toslink on mine, Coax on a friends 1050) that the 1050 doesn't recognize the format change and you have to cycle through the digital inputs on the 1050 and then back to the proper one for it to recognize the change from a DTS DVD to a standard audio CD.

Your problem doesn't sound quite the same, I didn't get any audio at all until I cycled through the inputs on the 1050, but I figured it would be worth a shot to ask.

------------------

Wayne Dunham
waynedunham@email.com

[This message has been edited by waynedunham (edited July 10, 2001).]

#183 - 07/12/01 04:31 PM Re: DACs blown?
ctaylors_3 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Orangeburg, SC, USA
Yep... it certainly was a problem (though I don't know exactly what) with my 1050. I hooked up my Harman Kardon AVR80 mkII to the 919 player. I hooked the PCM only jack to the digital input on the H/K (same config I tried with the 1050 to see if I could bypass something) and no drop outs... Joy.

If the 1050 didn't sound so dang good, I'd have returned it. But it does sound so good!
If I can keep it working!!! !@#^!#^$!^#

#184 - 08/15/01 03:04 AM Re: DACs blown?
JerryW Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Does anyone else see drop-outs when playing CDs on the spdif into their 1050?

I've noticed about one drop-out per disc, completely unrepeatable (i.e. back up the CD to a couple of seconds before where the skip occurred and let it play through again and no skip the second time around), and had chocked it up to vibrations from the subwoofer shaking the cd player just enough to cause it to skip. But, now this thread has got me thinking that there might be more to it.

#185 - 08/15/01 08:01 AM Re: DACs blown?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've had no problems with either optical or coaxial digital inputs on my 1050. My DVD player used an optical input for about eight months before switching to coaxial about three months ago. My old CD changer used the coaxial input for about eight months wihout problem, and I used the optical input for my new CD changer for a week or two. FWIW.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM