I programmed mine in about 30 minutes after I got all the model numbers for the machines. It also let me manually set it up to use my MP3 player through the 990 audio 5. All I have to do is turn the MP3 player on and hit one button on the Harmony and Viola! it works perfect. It sometimes loses it mind but it has a help button that fixes whatever the problem is every time. I think most of the issues are not keeping it directed at the HT for long enough to let it get the signals through. I also programmed it to let me use a utility function to pull up my (() menu on screen without me have to switch the TV input and hit the menu button. It also has a sensor that detects when it is being moved and turns it on so when you grab it, its ready to go. Just for the wifes sake I will always have one of these. I would also imagine that you could program it for multiple HT or stereo setups so you only need on remote for all your equipment.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner