So back around the time I got my Outlaw speakers, I started thinking about the possible benefits of upgrading our universal remote to one with RF support. Initially I was thinking about trading the MX-700 for an MX-850, but when I started getting serious about looking at it I came across a couple other possibilities. Because of my fondness for URC's remotes (their dubious software download policy notwithstanding), I was planning to stay with them, but that still left two other interesting options available for similar prices: the MX-900 and the MX-810. I spent a couple weeks researching them (including tracking down the software). By memorial day, I had basically settled on the MX-900. Then I fell and broke my leg, and plans got scrambled.

I ended up ordering an MX-900 and MRF-260 about a month later, but it took me almost six weeks to get a review written. I finally finished it one evening earlier this week: here is my MX-900 review for the reading enjoyment of anyone looking for a powerful universal remote.