Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1719 - 04/02/02 08:27 PM Patience
warpdriver1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: ,USA
When I called Thursday to order my 1050, I was told they were out until Friday. So I waited till Friday to place an order. When I ordered it on Friday I was told they would not have any till Monday. I said OK and ordered it nextday so I could get it on Tuesday. Today (Tuesday) when I called to check they said they should have them in about an hour. So hopefully they did get them and I can get mine on Wednesday. I guess I am just anxios.

Is Patience still a virtue?

Patiently waiting in Sac Town...

#1720 - 04/02/02 09:11 PM Re: Patience
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
Patience? Whats that? If you take a look over on the 950 board you will see the patience is something we haven't seen much of.
All kidding aside I welcome you to the family and hope you enjoy your 1050 as much as I have.
Cheers

------------------
m-mmeyer not so evil twin of Gonk
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#1721 - 04/02/02 09:59 PM Re: Patience
warpdriver1 Offline
Gunslinger

M-MMEYER

WHEW!!!
I just got thru reading about the slow boat for the 950's...

Guess I'll just wait like the rest and be happy.
Have a blessed day!

#1722 - 04/02/02 10:59 PM Re: Patience
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
Not only is patience a virtue in the case of the 1050 it's worth it! Welcome to the family!

#1723 - 04/03/02 12:36 AM Re: Patience
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Absolutely worth it! Be sure and post back your reactions once your up and running, and welcome to the Outlaw clan!

#1724 - 04/03/02 07:27 PM Re: Patience
warpdriver1 Offline
Gunslinger

I'm an Outlaw now! My 1050 arrived today. I hooked up everything and put in my Matrix DVD. WOW! I love this thing. I have noticed a vast improvement over my AWIA. Now I guess I should read the instructions and fine tune everything.
I believe it was worth the wait. Got toget back to the DVD's I believe I hear Lara Croft calling my name..
Mike

#1725 - 04/03/02 08:26 PM Re: Patience
rich_ww Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Ridgewood, NJ, USA
I got my 1050 about 3 weeks ago. I am on the list for the 950, but god knows when I'll know anything on that. So I got the 1050 as a stop gap. Well as most of you know, this unit sounds great. I listened to a music dvd - Eagles Hell Freezes, it was like a religious experience. It sounds so good I'm not sure I'll get the 950. I'll have to wait and read the reviews on the 1050 people going to the 950. On movies, also great (I'm sure my Paradigm speakers are helping a bit). I also haven't tuned the system yet. All in all, very happy. Well spent money.

#1726 - 04/03/02 10:27 PM Re: Patience
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
For the new owners here. You may not believe me but doing your calibration with a RS spl meter makes a huge difference in sound over doing by ear or leaving it as is. Also they will be used more and more as you upgrade and progress in this hobby of ours. I've been using mine for the last couple days doing some room graphs for sub placement. So it is a cheap and useful tool.

------------------
m-mmeyer
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#1727 - 04/04/02 02:14 PM Re: Patience
MrSandman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charlotte, NC, USA
m-mmeyer is more than 100% correct as far as using the RS SPL meter. Through my similar trials of room mapping with the SPL meter, I noted that there is some difference between calibrating with the 1050's test tones and using the tones on Avia or some other test disc. I decided to go with the test disc's tones, as I thought it would more closely represent the output of a DVD. Not sure if its what other people are doing, but I found it to be more to my liking.

So, just a quick tip, if anybody wants to give it a try. I think, if nothing else, it will reveal more of your particular set-up's complexion.

S.

#1728 - 04/04/02 07:28 PM Re: Patience
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
I found the spl meter a big help! My rear channel speakers were too low. The WAF on the volumn levels to hear the effects of the surround sound from the rear channels was extremely harsh. After checking and boosting the levels the surrround soud worked at a much lower volumn level.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM