Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King:
Slbenz,

My modified Denon will beat the pant off of your hopes and save you money. I suggest you get one used and get the mod done!
Liz,

I hear a challenge coming!! wink I have heard many times the APL Hi-Fi designed Denon 3910 and have no doubt that yours sounds very good. It's just I am friend's with the owner of APL Hi-Fi and usually help him with analysis of the "voicing" of his products. If you have the chance, you should listen to their latest creation based on an Esoteric UX-1 chassis and transport. Sounds better than some $100,000 vinyl rigs I've heard in the past. I know you have mentioned to me before who did your mods for your Denon. I will have to check them out again when it's time for me to update my digital source. I think your source is more cost effective than the APL units, especially the Esoterics. Would you believe priced from $20K-$30K? A high price for entry. Will let you know how the stands work out when they arrive. In the meantime, enjoy the music your Denon delivers. Sounds like you are a very satisfied customer. Take care.