Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#16930 - 07/30/07 03:03 PM Still an Outlaw
ronrags Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NJ
I just ordered the 990 along with the 7500 and remain an Outlaw. I started back in 2001 with the 1050, then I upgraded to the 950/7100 back in 2003 and now I'm upgrading to the 990/7500. Along the way I purchased the orginal LFM-1 and various cables from Outlaw.

I attended the HES in NY earlier this year with the intent on upgrading my speakers. As a result I went on to purchase the JM Labs 726v, 706v and 700c speakers. These speakers made a big difference to my system from the KEF Q-series I previously owned. I wasn't planning on upgrading my pre/pro and amp, but I spoke to Scott at the HES in NY and he almost convinced me to purchase the 990 at the show especially since the price of the 990 dropped and shipping was included.

Anyway, since the speakers made a big difference, I then got the upgrade bug for a new pre/pro and amp. My plan was to make a big jump to a higher level of audio equipment. I've been buying stereo equipment since 1974 and upgraded some of my equipment based on "best bang for the buck". I spent hours reading many posts from various forums and read only good things about the 990 and the 7500. Many threads compared Outlaw equipment to higher priced equipment but there didn't seem such a big difference in sound quality. I also auditioned equipment such as Anthem, Arcam, Cary and Primare. It wasn't easy to compare pre/pros and amps at a store as it is with speakers, dvd or cd players. There might be subtle differences between these components, but I wasn't convinced to spend over $5k even though money wasn't an issue. But with the reliability and quality of Outlaw equipment plus the support from Scott and the Saloon, I convinced myself Outlaw is the way to go and they are still the "best bang for the buck".

#16931 - 07/30/07 03:39 PM Re: Still an Outlaw
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
smile - Glad to hear that your 990/7500 combo is still going strong.

#16932 - 07/30/07 03:57 PM Re: Still an Outlaw
tmdlp Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Big D, Tx
ronrags,
Let us know how the 990/7500 combo sounds....
Later

#16933 - 09/20/07 02:06 PM Re: Still an Outlaw
ronrags Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NJ
After weeks of breaking in the 990/7500 I would just like to say the Outlaws have done it again! The sound and quality of these units are fantastic and for the price, you can't beat it. The bass extension and the sound stage are an improvement over the 950/7100.

As I stated previously, I also auditioned equipment such as Anthem, Arcam, Cary and Primare prior to making my decision. Even though cost was not the primary factor for making this purchase, I did not see a reason for spending 2 to 4 times the cost when the differences were so subtle or if any. I've been somewhat of an audiophile for over 30 years and have come to the conclusion that you don't need to spend a lot of money to have a great sounding system. I still believe speakers display the most dramatic sound differences than the other components along with room accoustics.

I would like to congratulate Peter and Co. for doing a outstanding job for creating products that are great quality for a reasonable price plus have the great support team especially Scott.

Ron Raguso

Who's Online
0 registered (), 275 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM