Hopefully this is the right forum as I'm new here.

I've currently been hit by the upgrade bug and ran across a great deal on a NAD T773. I really liked the sound and the unit was pretty beefy for a receiver. (53lbs) While doing my homework several people suggested that I go separates instead and Outlaw was one of the suggestions. Last time I bought equipment (Onkyo TX-NR900) I pulled the trigger a little fast and have kind of regretted it so I'm trying to be a little more careful this time.

I'm about 50/50 music/HT and my speakers are Polk RTi12 (L/R), CSi5 (C), and FXi3 (RL/RR). I'm pretty happy with the speakers and don't see making a change soon.

Right now with the Onkyo my system is a bit bright and it really feels a bit underpowered. Also, the bass seems a bit lacking for what I'd expect as well. I do like the music server ability though (uncompressed).

I was considering selling the Onkyo and going for the NAD ($1100 new) and adding a Cambridge Azur 640H ($1300 new) to keep the server capability. The NAD firmware can be flashed so I didn't have a lot of concern about new formats, etc.

However, now I am looking at keeping the Onkyo for now and just getting either a 7200, 7500, or 7700. I'd probably bi-amp my RTi12's (with the 5 channel I'd let the Onkyo run the FXi3's).

I have been told by some that the NAD is more musical than Outlaw but would really like some better input. I understand that this forum my be a little biased but I'd still really appreciate any thoughts or advice either way.

Thanks