Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16538 - 02/17/07 10:09 PM Re: My SACD Experience
Star113 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Gardena California
ej I to have recently caught the SACD DVD-A bug. My current favs are of course DSOTM Pink floyd and Come Away With Me, Norah Jones. Something in your post however caught my eye:
"After running through all modes, the music was more enjoyable in Upsampling". You are refering to CD?? I didn't think upsampling worked with SACD or DVD-A.

#16539 - 02/19/07 02:43 PM Re: My SACD Experience
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

A few random thoughts - from someone who has been doing SACD for a couple of years.

For stereo listening I doubt very much that there is any audible difference between "normal" and "SACD" tracks - on the same disc.

For older recordings that has be re-released on SACD (like much of the Stone's catalogue), the audible difference between it and the older reelases is due to the remastering.

That same remastering into multi-channel is what has impressed me the most about the format. I believe that I can hear an audible improvement in the surround channels - but since I've never set up to do a proper comparison, it is perhaps attributable to wishful thinking on my part.

My bottom line is that I can spend hours and hours in my main theater listening to remastered multi-channel SACDs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 454 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM