Well my take on the Outlaw demo was that the sound was incredibly immersive. I wish there had been a music 5.1 demo. Possibly Sting, or Diana Krall. My demo session was packed, and everybody seemed pretty impressed. The 990 is huge, and I asked why no second component out? Just figured people would be using one display, was the answer I got. I was also told the software for the 790 was still being worked on and possibly a five channel with the balanced connections in the future. Two torroidal transformers would be in the new 790 and package deals numbers were given out. They were as follows:990/770 $2698
990/755 $2298
990/7100 $1898
The other big news to me was that the Outlaw 1070 receiver would have the same cirrus chip the 49400 as the 990. I think the wattage was 65 watts per channel, and the price would be $899. With DVI switching, a very nice price. Peter Tribemans mantra for the demo was to debunk the myth that you need two systems. One for audio and one for video, I just wish the demo had something to show more to show that at least for the audio side. Maybe I will go there tomorrow with my new Outlaw CD case and bring my Diana Krall DVD to add to the demonstration. One last thing was that we should be contacted within the next 10 days. We being those that are on the reservation list.