Ok, I got up this morning in time for "Tune Up". When it started they said it was a 12 minutes program, but it was over by 7:11. So be ready to make your adjustments quickly, they give you a short two minutes for each:

Brightness First turn you contrast to the midpoint, and brightness to the lowest setting. Then you raise the brightness until a fourth circle just appears.
Contrast There are 10 contrast rings, they say set the contrast to where there was even gradations between each. I could either set it to where there was little difference between the brightest two, or the darkest two.
ColorThe color test was the least useful. First they say to do it right you need a blue filter, so I ran to the rack and broke out the blue filter from my Avia. But then they didn't bother to tell you how to use the blue filter. They told you to make the yellow and the magenta look their best through the naked eye.

It wasn't the standard bars pattern, it was a circular pattern with different color blocks in the a horizontal line across middle. I had no idea which bars to concentrate on. My guess, now that I've thought about it, would be that the bars should disappear and the entire image should look like a circle. Does anyone know this pattern?
Convergence I have an LCD-RPTV, I sat this one out.
Overscan It gives you 3 sets of lines. I have my TV set to -1 overscan.
5.1 Audio The 5.1 test was rather useless too, it only showed you which speaker should be getting output, by didn't leave any time for calibration.

In the end I got setting very similar to what I got with Avia through the DVD input. My brightness was set a little higher, as was the color.