Very timely! My 1050 B arrived today, a day before my birthday. I did a quick setup with great anticipation; yanked out my JVC 8000. In with the Outlaw, slipped in a cd disc and voila; music to my ears. My concern with volume are gone, my JVC rated at 120Watts into 2 channels has no more power than the Outlaw. When I put in Saving Private Ryan DTS; there definitely is more power with the Outlaw (there was a definite reduction in power with the JVC in all channels driven). One curious thing is now the test tones throughout my speakers sound similar in timbre; before there was a more pronounced difference from the main speakers to the center and surrounds. Now the timbre sounds more matched. Must be a good thing! Now I have to set up the remote to operate as much as possible with a single remote. Next is to build a diy sub to replace my cheap Sony SA-WM40. My diy EFE speakers sound great in stereo (will eventually build another 4 to make a totally matched system).
Well, I got keep my fingers crossed as time goes on, hopefully everything performs as it should. Hopefully no smoke or flames from the B stock.
For the time being call me one happy desperado.