I haven't picked any of them up yet. The idea just seems slightly half-baked to me. I'd rather see two-disc releases with a conventional CD and a DVD-Audio disc, or the increasingly common CD releases with separate DVD's. The weaknesses involved in DualDisc as far as I'm concerned are: single layer DVD side, no standard for media content on DVD side (ie it's not necessarily a DVD-Audio disc, although I think they will all include the full album in at least Dolby Digital), and no standard labeling to clearly identify what the DVD side content is. Toss in compatibility issues, and it doesn't help matters any...

From what I could find online, the DVD side should have the songs in Dolby Digital 5.1, so you should be able to get audio from both the optical output and the player's six-channel analog output (assuming that it has an internal Dolby Digital decoder, as pretty much all DVD-A, SACD, and universal players do). When you use the optical connection and initially start playing the DVD side, what does the right side of the 950's front panel display? (I'm curious about what the signal is showing up as - it should say Dolby D and 3/2.1 for the DD5.1 track.)