Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13839 - 10/06/04 01:41 PM Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Incognito Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Wichita, KS
Howdy all....

I am curious as to which expos and home theater demonstrations/seminars are good to attend. I would specifically like to go to one where the Outlaws attend. Has anyone went to any they recommend, or can Scott let me know which one the Outlaws attend and demo new/existing gear.

My friends and I are wanting to plan a road trip someday...and what better to do than look at home theater equipment and talk with the experts.

Thanks for any comments.

Incog

#13840 - 10/06/04 01:55 PM Re: Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Scott Offline
Desperado

Hello Incognito,

Check us out at the Home Entertainment Show 2004 West in San Francisco Nov.4th-7th. Here's the details:

http://www.homeentertainment-expo.com/sfhome.html

It's going to be a big one!

#13841 - 10/06/04 05:21 PM Re: Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Inertia4u Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Wichita, KS, USA (Near Incogni...
Is there going to be anything in the midwest? Or are they typically on the coasts?

#13842 - 10/07/04 09:24 AM Re: Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Scott Offline
Desperado

Unfortunately, the main shows that deal with actual consumers have been coastal the last couple of years. Who knows, maybe at some point they'll move it back to Chicago, which should be a little better for you...

Best,

Scott

#13843 - 10/07/04 11:07 AM Re: Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Incognito Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Scott!

By chance, are there any shows that you attend (maybe not unveiling new products) that other internet direct companies attend at the same time? I noticed on the link you attached that Axiom nor Onix are there (the only other two internet direct audio manufactures that I am aware of).

I noticed that there is an expo in Denver, CO with weekend. Do you all ever make it out to that one?

Thanks again Scott.

#13844 - 10/07/04 01:14 PM Re: Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Scott Offline
Desperado

Incognito,

Which show in Denver are you referring to, the Gears, Games and Gadgets Show? Unfortunately, unless a show is pretty directly tied to consumers and home theater, we'd be fairly unlikely to attend. I'm not sure why the good folks at Axiom and Onix don't attend these shows, but its our best shot to meet lots of fellow Outlaws who live in the area.

#13845 - 10/07/04 01:32 PM Re: Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Incognito Offline
Gunslinger

Scott,

It was the "Rocky Mountain Audio Fest" in Denver. I just saw that Onix was attending. That was why I asked. As Nert said...it would sure be nice to see you all in the Midwest.

Incog

#13846 - 10/07/04 01:42 PM Re: Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Incognito Offline
Gunslinger

Sorry...here is the link Scott.

http://www.audiofest.net/index.htm

#13847 - 10/07/04 04:58 PM Re: Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Scott Offline
Desperado

Looks like a pretty neat show, but geared towards the local guys. Who knows, maybe something we can look at for next year!

#13848 - 10/08/04 10:26 AM Re: Home Theater Expos and Cool Places
Incognito Offline
Gunslinger

Scott,

It seemed like they had a lot of equipment being advertised for that show, but not a whole lot of actual manufacturers. It might be a good place to help get your stuff out there. The equipment can be shown against all of the other stuff there, but there are few enough manufacturers there that you could get a lot of face time with home theater enthusiests. It might be something to think about. Now, I have never been to this thing, nor am I advocating it....I would just thought it would be cool for you all to have a showing out in the midwest sometime.

Thanks for your time Scott. Keep up the good work!

Incog

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 2
scoooter 2
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics