Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13834 - 10/04/04 09:17 PM Shipping - Pay for the extra charges... or you will regret
ROBFAULK Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Antonio, Texas, USA
If you can afford it, get the NEXT DAY shipping. I saved a few bucks, getting ground service. Here is what happened, I come home Monday, a notice on my door stating I missed the Fed Ex truck. No biggy, I will just run over to the Fed Ex Office, and pick it up. Well I do this, and lo and behold Im told Im not allowed to pick it up. Because it is on the truck. Its a ground shipment, aparently, the 6 cables I ordered take up a quite a lot of effort to load and unload from the truck.

So I ask the clerk what I have to do. He says, I have to call the (800) number on the card, and request a pull from the truck. I say, Im here now, can you set it up. He says, No, I have to call the Fed Ex (800) number. I ask why, he says, because he does not handle ground.

I guess if you get ground service from Fed Ex your a 2nd class citizen. Despite my lite weight package with a few cables in it, I end up having to wait to get my package which is IN TOWN and 1 mile from my house. You can imagine my disguest at this moment.

So I call the (800) #. I'm told that it will take, and I quote, 72 hours before the package will be ready. I asked why, and Im told and I quote again, "Its a lot of effort to locate your package and remove it from the truck, we have to schedule it." At this point, I decide to go have a beer, and I am honestly thinking of calling and complaining to the Outlaw crew about their crappy choice in ground service.

Atleast with UPS I could have gone over and picked up the package, and been hooking up equipment tonite. Now Im waiting til Thursday.

Morale of the story, don't get GROUND service if you can't stay home and wait for the package the day its supposed to arrive, cause you will end up getting hosed trying to make other arrangements.

-Rob

#13835 - 10/04/04 09:56 PM Re: Shipping - Pay for the extra charges... or you will regret
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've lived near FedEx's home hub for a long, long time now, and I've had a number of cases where getting a FedEx delivery became a monumental hassle - ground, air, whatever, it makes no difference. Long ago I elected to give FedEx my permission to leave any package on my doorstep (there's a spot on the "sorry we missed you" slip that allows you to sign for all future packages), because otherwise I'd never get a home delivery via FedEx from anybody, Outlaw or otherwise. They have instructions to leave all packages by the back door. About the only other option is to have it delivered to your office.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#13836 - 10/05/04 10:12 AM Re: Shipping - Pay for the extra charges... or you will regret
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
i dont care for fedex either. ups is definitely more customer focused.

for some reason where i live, we get ground shipments very quickly, so i enjoy saving the extra money and waiting an extra day or two.

stupid fedex. at least there is more and more competition for our packages, which should eventually turn into even better service.

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

#13837 - 10/05/04 12:07 PM Re: Shipping - Pay for the extra charges... or you will regret
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

Don't know how well USPS works in the US, but I can tell you that I have NEVER had a problem with USPS / Canada Post shipments coming from the US. If I miss the delivery (which is always before 9am by Canada Post) I just drop by my local outlet later that day and it's waiting for me. Why anyone would choose any courier company for ground shipments (and even air) over the postal service, where there is a choice, astounds me. And I'm avoiding suppliers who don't give me that choice.

Jeff Mackwood

#13838 - 10/05/04 12:19 PM Re: Shipping - Pay for the extra charges... or you will regret
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've had very good luck with UPS deliveries to the house over the years, probably better than USPS for bulkier shipments. FedEx I think works best for business shipments (we use them here at work for pretty much everything).

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 2
scoooter 2
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics