Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1371 - 02/21/02 03:38 AM Warranty...
ericlp Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Eugene, oregon
How long is the warranty on this ???

Also.. I have heard nothing but GREAT Customer Service stories from the outlaw posts and review I have read... That is one reason why I would buy from this company. This is a BIG plus on my check list.

Lets say... Just two weeks before your warranty expired your unit started smoking...

How would OutLaw handle this provided they were still in business when your unit died? You pay for shipping your old unit back and they send you out a new one? Or do you wait a while before you get a new one?

Then... I'd like to know. What happens if your unit dies and the warranty has expired.... Does outlaw offer to repair the unit at XX dollars? How would this get resolved?

Does outlaw have any LOCAL service centers?

Thanks for all your feedback...

#1372 - 02/21/02 07:21 AM Re: Warranty...
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
According to the 1050's manual, the warranty is 2 years. There are no local service centers (an inevitable result of their distribution method, I'm afraid). I'd recommend e-mailing Outlaw to find out what sort of policies they have on the rest -- there haven't been a lot of unit problems (and most of the problems have occurred within days or weeks of delivery and have been solved by getting a replacement unit before sending the original one back), so I don't think anybody around here really knows.

------------------
Gonk

#1373 - 02/21/02 09:26 AM Re: Warranty...
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
They paid shipping both ways when my 1050 died.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#1374 - 02/21/02 05:38 PM Re: Warranty...
bakkahead Offline
Gunslinger

I got my replacement 1050 in less than 24 hours of calling it in! A friend of mine bought a name brand reciever at one of the discount electronics stores and waited 8 weeks before he got it back when it died.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 251 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM