Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13540 - 07/12/04 01:30 PM vinyl to cd
threers Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: vienna, va usa
My wife totalled her van and the tape deck with it. It is amazing that a mere dent (from a light post that was invisible to her due to the fact that I neglected to replace a broken rear view mirror and thus am partly to be blamed for the accident) in a rear door and bumper would total a minivan that only has 70k miles even if it is 10 model years old. Anyway, we now need to make cd's rather than tapes of out-of-print LP's. Since, it's being played in a car, the audio quality only need to be as good as a car sound system -- it will be a "premium" system but not a fancy "aftermarket" job.

What is the best approach for this?

#13541 - 07/12/04 02:31 PM Re: vinyl to cd
jmartin Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
I use a Denon CDR 1500 to make copies from LP's and the occasional tape. You may be able to find a CD copier able to inface with your reciever/processor that is on sale on the internet. I got this unit marked down from $600 to $249 at Good Guys because it has been discontinued.

I don't know how to interface a Phonograph to a computer w/o an independant phono preamp, but some soundcards can take analog tape RCA inputs and copy the sound onto your hard drive- to make a CDR. This is very "low fi"

#13542 - 07/12/04 02:33 PM Re: vinyl to cd
jmartin Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
I use a Denon CDR 1500 to make copies from LP's and the occasional tape. You may be able to find a CD copier able to interface with your reciever/processor that is on sale on the internet. I got this unit marked down from $600 to $249 at Good Guys because it has been discontinued. It makes wonderful copies!

I don't know how to interface a Phonograph to a computer w/o an independent phono preamp, but some soundcards can take analog tape RCA inputs and copy the sound onto your hard drive- to make a CDR. This is very "low fi"

#13543 - 07/12/04 02:54 PM Re: vinyl to cd
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Go to Froogle on the Google web page and type in "phono, usb".
You'll get links to many items that allow you to plug a turntable into your computer to record LP's or whatever you want to dub.
I haven't done it, but that's where I would
start looking.

------------------
The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is 42. But what IS the Question?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 248 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM