The 950 was supposed to be very cost effective, as with everything Outlaw does. At the time it was made I'd guess Outlaw felt the upgradability feature was too expensive to be on that model. I don't remember hearing that much of a demand for it back then. I'm sure they'll be making a new model in the near future and will probably consider it. Is the 950 really the only unit that's missing this feature? Things have changed in the last year since I've been frequenting the forum more, but I don't recall much of any model having upgradability like what's desired now, save for a few very high level models. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 950 is near 2 years old. Are the all that many products 2 years old or more that can do this?

I honestly don't really care about all these newer formats, not much anyway. I want 5.1 processing as a minimum and I want it done really well. Anything above that is nice, but IMO it's really not needed. There is so much marketing about having so many extra channels it's ridiculous. How are people going to figure out where (and how) to fit 9 speakers (and subs) when many already have trouble with 5?

Sorry for the rant, but it just gets old hearing complaints about a product that was made when some of these things just weren't in that big of a demand.