I'm trying to figure out if I should run the source direct on or off. I am most concerned with not having any DSD to PCM conversion. Keep in mind also, that I am only talking about SACD and DVD-Audio (which, I know is PCM). When watching movies, I use the coaxial out and let the 950 do the work. If I have read the manual correctly, source direct would bypass all of the Denon's bass management (and therefore DSD/PCM conversion), but doesn't allow for the subwoofer to be output. So, maybe I should be turning the source direct off and setting all speakers to large (in the Denon), and setting the subwoofer to on. But then it seems you'd have crossovers in the Denon and in the 950 (assuming your using the 80hz analog crossover). Just a little confused here. I've been using source direct on for the last week or so and it sounds fantastic. So maybe I should just leave well enough alone. With the amount of money I've put into this machine, I want to make sure I'm getting absolutely the best out of it.