Thank you gentlemen for your replies. I suspected as much. I guess there is a point where "value for the money" crosses the low threshold of "absolute sound" and is no longer a bargain. I will stick with the conventional amps. So far I have tried using 2 channels of 770 and Adcom 555mk2, both of which are rated 300 into 4 ohms, on separate ocasions. I am just running the bass woofers (2 10" & a radiator) with these. ARC 100 (tube)for the mids/treble. Just like their passive subs, VMPS seems to want more power. It may just be a matter of tweaks and room arrangement, but the "concensus" on VMPS forum is that more power then 300 is required.

If it were the case, would M200 be more "powerful" than a channel of 770? Can you "bridge 2 M200's? I can bridge Adcom to get 600 into 4 ohms (I would need another one for the other speaker). The designer of these speakers is using Amzilla 2000 which is also rated the same 300 into 4 ohms but apparently with more current. I can't afford $5000 anyway. Would higher amparage offset less current and deliever "crisper" bass?