Hi Dart23,

Thanks for the suggestion! I have already tried using the "Y" cable on the low level stereo inputs instead of the LFE input and unfortunately, I still experienced the same symptoms. I am pretty sure that the problem is being caused by the auto turn-on circuit receiving its input after the plate amp gain control which cause the turn-on level to be dependent on both the plate amp gain control setting and the level of the signal input on the LFE or low level stereo inputs. With this situation, I do not believe that there will ever be a combination of the plate amp gain setting and pre/pro LFE output signal that will satisfy both music and home theater listening levels and still get the auto turn-on to function correctly.
I took a look at the schematic for one of the popular 250watt plate amps that has an auto turn-on feature. The input to the auto turn-on circuit comes from the same summed right and left low level inputs that feed the gain control and other circuitry. This circuit configuration avoids having the plate amp gain control affect the auto turn-on level and makes it only dependent on the pre/pro low level input (LFE) signal.
Regards,
TCIII

------------------
If you are going to send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.