My first 'system' was a 5 ch Pioneer (circa, '93-ish) with the HTIB speakers it came with. It was OK, I thought, but I knew there was more. It lost the left front channel about 5 days before a big party, so I took it in for service, found out that it was a 5 week turnaround, so I bought an HK something or another. It was a huge improvement and within weeks, I bought new speakers, Infinity Sterling’s, I think. Again, big improvement. I ended up with Infinity Ref 2000's (I think that's the name) within the year and over time upgraded to a Carver amp. The 1050 was the most recent change, over a year ago. I'm not counting things like VCR's etc, as they changed so often, it wasn't even funny.

The TV is a 46" Zenith, which was actually the very first purchase. I got it cheap from a buddy who was buying a 60". I owned it for 3 years before even getting cable and never had an antenna. I basically watched movies and that was it. The TV is around 12-15 years old now and is still kicking, although a little less spectacularly. Maybe next year will come the widescreen set. . .

S.