I had a variety of mixed-up stuff over the years, most of it along the lines of the particle board speakers with 4" drivers. Now I can't remember how I ended up with most of it, seems like I just inherited it.

Let's see, an old compact-type system with fm-tuner, and the turntable on top. Seems like some of the speakers (from that and just some random ones) floating back and forth between the house and the car. An old guitar amp sometimes in various states of minor disassembly. The driver from that one (along with some other unknown 12") ended up in an unusual box in my old 280z around college time.

After that we first just had a boombox-type CD player, then bought a Sony surround receiver open box at C. City w/a couple of bookshelf speakers. Picked up a slightly larger Inifity pair. Sounded pretty good but been wanting something nice for a while so...

Bought the 1050 and some ICs. Ordering my SVS sub & separate amp in next couple days, got some cables from BetterCables, about to build a North Creek kit, almost done putting a fairly nice amp in my truck. Reminds me I need to find a decent 8" driver for car sub. Oh no, looks like I am hooked now...

As for game systems, long ago I had the Atari 5200 (wanted a 2600 before but had to wait). Was amazed when I saw those cartridges for which I used to save lawn-mowing cash at Everything's a $1.00 store. Gave away the SNES a few years back. Finally bought an X-Box (fun games and my wife even likes some of them).