Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1177 - 02/06/02 07:08 PM Suggestions please on what to upgrade to in the distant future.
Thenotsonewguy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: United States, Louisiana
I got an Onkyo TX-DS595 less than 2 weeks ago but I'm already thinking about upgrading. However the date that I plan on upgrading from 595 is when I turn 18 and that is about 2 years away. But I don't know what I should save up my money for and try to upgrade to. Should I save up my money and try to upgrade to a pramp/amp setup or should I try to upgrade to a very high end receiver? If I upgrade to preamp/amp setup it will something like the Outlaw 750/950 setup and if I stay with Onkyo I will probably upgrade to their flagship TX-DS989. Also I have heard about integrated amps and I was wondering how good are they. Well, I'm going to start saving and counting my dollars and I hope in 2 years I will be able to make the upgrade I want to make.

Thanx for reading and helping,

Chris

#1178 - 02/06/02 07:34 PM Re: Suggestions please on what to upgrade to in the distant future.
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
It's good to look forward and set goals for the future Chris. 2 years in any electronics is a long time. There could be a whole new techology available when you are 18 to reproduce sound. I was just reading about Sharp's digital amp. Cheap at $16000!
My advice is to save your money, enjoy what you have and make a decision when you are 18 as to what you will upgrade. Good Luck

#1179 - 02/06/02 09:59 PM Re: Suggestions please on what to upgrade to in the distant future.
Zed Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Houston, Texas, 77025
Hi Chris,
Keep in mind that you have the power to start on an upgrade path at any time you wish, and your complete path may take many years to complete, if it ever comes to an end at all.
So with your Onkyo, you might match up a decent pair of speakers that sound good but would sound even better with a better source to push them. Then you can think about ways to upgrade the source by adding power.
I didn't mean to contribute to your disatisfaction with the Onkyo and actually think they are fine machines. However, one of the nice things about the Outlaw is that you can easily take the next step by adding an amp and using the pre outs on the back, turning it into a pre-amp for the next stage of amplification. There is probably a path you could take that would lead to many gradual changes over time, 'cause, lets face it, once the "bug" bites, will you ever be completely satisfied with what you currently have.....:-)

------------------
"Art is not a mirror, but a hammer."

#1180 - 02/07/02 12:01 PM Re: Suggestions please on what to upgrade to in the distant future.
Hockeyfan6781 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Buffalo, NY 14223
My advise, save up and buy B&K's Flagship avr reciever at the time!!!!!

#1181 - 02/07/02 04:33 PM Re: Suggestions please on what to upgrade to in the distant future.
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
I'm a big fan of B&K. I've been with them since 1987. Still using there amp to drive my mains. But man they are expensive! It's around $3500 for there av reciever. Save alot of pennies for that one!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 356 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM